How does an Outbound dialer work?
The following process explains how an OBD works:
- A contact list consisting of your customers’ numbers is queued through the API.
- Outbound calls are generated to each customer as per the availability of channel lines and agents responsible to receive calls.
- Each customer is then directed to your business’s IVR that is created separately to only receive outbound calls.
- The call is then forwarded to an agent in your organization.
- If the customer or agent does not answer the call, then the OBD will generate another call to the same customer/ agent after 3 minutes. However, this retry time is configurable.
- A maximum of only 2 retries are possible. However, clients can opt out for retries.
- If a phone number of a customer is under process (either in retry or re-queue) then, you cannot add it into the queue.